A potential new stadium in Penrith

Flash forward.

The NSW Government has allocated $300m to demolish the existing Penrith Stadium and build a new 25,000 seat stadium on the existing site.

Construction is slated to begin at the conclusion of the 2022 season and expected to open for the 2025 NRL season.

so, where do we camp for two seasons ?

1 Like

Parramatta
:nauseated_face::nauseated_face::nauseated_face:

Don’t know if I’ll get tickets those 2 years

Just to be clear - this is not my project!

Mine was a new build, not a knock down re-build.

25K capacity? Needs to be 27-30k at least.

Playing out of Parra for two seasons - hope the club offers half price membership.

I’d rather we based ourselves out of Bathurst, Leonay, St Marys or Windsor

2 Likes

Oooh wee ! Wouldn’t Bathurst rock with a regular game for a year or two. Car race, what car race ? And just imagine the interest from ‘juniors’ out of Orange, Dubbo and surrounds that’d attract. Parra Stadium hmpf !!!

3 Likes

This is the opportunity- play at least 6 games out of Bathurst, maybe 1 each at Orange / Dubbo / Parkes for the next 2 years, and we generate a whole new generation of fans.

Go back for a game a year after woods, and people will be talking for decades about the years they got an NRL team, like how people of Rocky etc in QLD will remember last year.

Won’t only get fans of course, but also increased junior participation.

I’d rather make the trip to Bathurst than Parra any day, and let’s face it at least I can get a park.

3 Likes

And with this will be the membership options;

Metro packages : 6 games at Parra
Western packages: 6 games at Bathurst / others

Committed fan packages : all 12 home games

2 Likes

What’s that I smell? There must be an state election coming up.

2 Likes

Sounds like visionary thinking, SHF.

1 Like

This would hurt the club too much lol. I will not be making the trek to shitsville, but I would purchase the Western Package regardless of if i attend or not, that would be my donation…not putting any of my hard earned into anything related to that metro name !!

What’s the capacity of grounds like Bathurst, Dubbo etc ?

Not sure on the numbers, but the regional/country venues are too small & don’t have the facilities for using for more than a game or two. Building support & spreading the game only has a certain value & filling stadiums is what pays the bills.

There is only one thing wrong with Bankwest/Commonweath Bank Stadium & that is that it’s in Parramatta :slight_smile: The first game we attended there was vs Tiges last year (the game when that idiot Leilua went feral) & the venue is great. The old “there’s no bad seats” applies to that stadium & the facilities are first class. Our first reaction is we want a stadium just like this one.

If playing games there for 2 seasons whilst our new one is built is the price, then I’m paying the price. Just pretend it’s at Westmead if going to Parra is such a horror!

been put in my place, again !!!

that’s ok though, Mr Walker knows his stuff. :grinning:

1 Like

Dubbo is about 15-16k, but PA system is virtually non existent. Bathurst is less - 8-9k?

To be honest, I have only heard 1 bad report from people who have attended Westmead Oval and that was a minor sponsor just after Covid last time. I think it was more of a bitch that he wasn’t treated like an Asics sponsor lol

1 Like

Good to know. I am thinking about going to Bathurst next season - part of my transitioning to retirement process.

Thanks for feedback Tom

hey, it’s not about putting you in any place mate - love your work!

I’m good Mr Walker, no problems this end.
Cheers

I can’t believe mrwalker didn’t just take the compliment, there have been people here that would put Puss’s “I’ve been put in my place again - that’s ok though” comment on the fridge :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like