Player Injury Period Expected Return
Dean Whare Hamstring Tear Grade 1 2-4 Weeks Round 8-10
Frank Winterstein MCL Grade 2 6 Weeks Round 12
Jed Cartwright Shoulder Dislocation TBC TBC

Penrith Panthers Suspension Report :triangular_flag_on_post:

Player Charge Penalty Round Return

Updated 22/4/2019

pinned #2

Viliame Kikau kicks of the first injury for the 2019 season. He has suffered a MCL Grade 1 or 2. A grade 2 injury will see him miss up to 6 weeks, but trainers and doctors are optimistic that scan on Monday will reveal a Grade 1 MCL, which could see him ready for Round 1 at the best.

Update: Confirmed to be a MCL Grade 2, 6 weeks recovery.

terrible shame to lose Kikau before the season even kicks off but i guess its better to get it now then the week before the finals

hope his recovery is fast and comes back when completely right

as they say opens the door for someone to shine in his absence

I think the Moderator might need to go to “Casulaty” board as well :grin:

Hame Sele will be scanned for a suspected fractured forearm. If confirmed most require 4-8 weeks. Isaah Yeo has recovered from his concussion, he will most likely not miss any game time.

Good news on Hame Sele, he’s been cleared of a fractured arm. The club website says they are hopeful he’ll be right to face the Knights.

i am no doctor but gees i have concerns a person in the medical team says i have a broken forearm only to have scans and sorry SB buts its just a bruise

Huh?

Isn’t its now NRL policy to rest a player with concussion meaning Yeo will be out for a week

Shame for him but we still have 5 other captains

Frank Winterstein has a confirmed MCL Grade 2 Ligament Injury which will see him sidelined for up to 6 weeks. Anticipate a return in Round 12.

Isaah Yeo has a suspected AC Joint injury or a possible Scapula Fracture. Worst case scenario would see Yeo sidelined for 12 weeks. Scans to confirm injury would be expected Monday/Tuesday.

UPDATE: Isaah Yeo’s scans indicated he will no require any game time off, and cleared him of major injury, he will line up with the Round 6 team against the Sharks.

Dean Whare’s scans has confirmed a Grade One Hamstring Tear. He is expected to be out of action for between 2-4 weeks.