[2018] R17 Panther v Warriors - Game Day Thread

This Weekend Matches          
:rugby_football: Match Penrith Panthers v New Zealand Warriors
:stadium: Venue Panthers Stadium, Penrith NSW
:clock10: Time Friday 6th July 2018 7:55pm
:tickets: Tickets Ticketek [Link]
:rugby_football: Other Matches Intrust Super Premiership - Panthers v Dragons 7/7 1:00pm
Jersey Flegg - Panthers v Dragons 6/7 12:45pm
:stadium: Gates Open Gates Open 5:15pm
:tv: Broadcast :tv: Channel 9 (FTA) LIVE
:tv: Fox League (Channel 502) LIVE
:desktop_computer: NRL Live Pass LIVE
:radio: ABC Sydney 702AM LIVE
:radio: 2GB Sydney 873AM LIVE
:radio: Triple M 104.9FM LIVE

A very different looking panthers squad tonight. Panthers young guns Tyrone May and Jarome Luai will line up tonight filling in for Origin players Maloney and Cleary. Waqa Blake makes his return from the injury ward and Isaah Yeo will be leading the guys on the field. It will be a uphill battle playing a full strength Warrior looking to confirm their status as a top 4 team. Be sure to get out to Panthers Stadium tonigh to cheer the boys on.

FULL TIME

Telstra Premiership
Penrith Panthers 36 Tries Jarome Luai (2), Tyrone Phillips, Waqa Blake, Viliame Kikau, Corey Harawira-Naera
Goals Jarome Luai 6/8
New Zealand Warriors 4 Tries Ken Maumalo

Intrust Super Premiership
Penrith Panthers 24 Tries Kaide Ellis, Andrew Saunders, Maika Sivo, Adam Keighran
Goals Adam Keighran 4/4
St George Illawarra Dragons 14 Tries Patrick Herbert, Jordan Pereira, Josaia Lovodua
Goals Patrick Herbert 1/3

Jersey Flegg
St George Illawarra Dragons 24 Tries Trent People (2), Matthew Delbanco, Dylan Morris
Goals Jackson Willis 2/2, Luke Gale 2/3
Penrith Panthers 6 Tries Ratu Nanovo
Goals Brendan Hands 1/1

PRESS CONFERENCE
https://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/news/2018/07/06/press-conference-round-17/
PANTHERS MEDIA REPORT
https://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/news/2018/07/06/panthers-punish-the-warriors-at-panthers-stadium/
MATCH REPORT
https://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/news/2018/07/06/match-highlights-panthers-v-warriors2/
HIGHLIGHTS
https://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/news/2018/07/06/match-highlights-panthers-v-warriors/

Well that’ll give Cleary something to think about.
Forwards were awesome.
Waqa’s back
Luv it.

I had a feeling an upset was on the cards, but never expected a score like that. Complete opposite of last week’s debarcle, with great performances across the paddock. Luai looked at home as our playmaker, and it was great to see Kikau tearing up the Warriors defence. Special mention also for Katoa, who was great in defence early, as well as his control of the game at dummy half, probably the best game I have seen him play for us.

1 Like

Well… it seems the worst kept secret that many who watch the Panthers ISP team knew for some time is out of the bag, that Jerome Luai is a gun. This kid can adapt to almost any situation he is dropped into, his versatility is a big reason I get out to see the ISP team play. The only question is, how long will he wait for a first grade jumper, I can’t imagine it will be forever, so I do hope Panthers work something for him in the near future.

Was hard to pick a fault with the team this week. All the guys out there were firing on all cylinders. Watching Waqa Blake’s return is just a reminder on how much we missed his involvement on the field, and just goes to show, how well the team has been going with key injuries like this.

As far as a man of the match, I will gladly sit this one out. There was way too much quality across the field with such little first grade experience, they really blew the warriors out of the water, and were left dumbfounded by the last 10 minutes.

This is the level of attitude the team should maintain into the finals. If they do dare is say the premiership may very well rest at the foot of the mountains.

2 Likes

All the stats at the head of this thread are just what the doctor ordered.
Gameday thread is Gameday Central. This is the place !!!

The Panthers ISP side will be playing the Dragons today at Panther Stadium at 1pm. For those who can’t make it there, the game will be broadcast live on :tv: Channel 9 (FTA) and :radio: Hawkesbury Radio 89.9FM for the local Penrith/Hawkesbury area and online at hawkesburyradio.com.au [link].

1 Like

MOTM was easy for me, Fisher Harris absolutely owned their pack, it was also great to see the intensity of Moses Leota, we have been missing that the last couple of weeks with RCG sidelined.

An all round great effort, even better than the cowboys demolition and IMO the best we have played all year.

I agree Steve, the Panthers need to sure up Luai now, especially given the rumours around Cleary.