[2019] R9 Tigers v Panthers - Game Day Thread

… turn my newspaper upside down, nowadays
Panthers are closer to the top of the table. :upside_down_face:

I can tell you that Waqa Blake wasn’t late for training, in fact he was 10 mins early to training.

He should have been there at 8:30 for strapping and training starts at 9:00. He advised that he didn’t need strapping so he was there at 8:50.

And he was dropped

… thought somethin was fishy. Does he still live down the street?
I mean he could leave 10 mins out and hop to training without being late.

Not sure where he lives, but I thought that was a bit harsh, but then again if you are told to be there at a certain time then I expect you to be there

Hopefully Waqa will be back this week. Interested to see who will be dropped after Fridays performance IMO some of the senior players need to go back to reserve grade to hone their skills and get their enthusiasm back. It really was an ordinary effort against the tigers. Hear alot about how good the academy is so lets bring in some young players rather than play rejects from other clubs. Nothing against Tim Grant as an ex panther but the other three brought in during the close season havent exactly been outstanding. Big fan of Peachey I think we have really missed him this season and cant see anyone in the current team that adds the unpredictable. This year too predictable, too many silly penalties, too many handling errors and too little enthusiasm.