- Souths - overall the strongest team in the competition. Need to overcome their habit of losing a week short of the Grand Final.
- Roosters - well oiled machine, only question mark is over the halfback
- Storm - another well oiled machine, is Smith going to play on?
- Panthers - will be there when the whips are cracking, but won’t be taking teams by surprise this year
- Eels - will start strong, but fade in the back end
- Raiders - could be higher, a lot rests on the fitness of Hodgson
- Titans - finished last year strong & have recruited well
- Manly - provided Tommy Turbo doesn’t injure himself again (after this current injury) they should have the talent to make the finals.
- Sharks - hard to pick, will push for a spot in the finals but fall agonisingly short
- Warriors - will fight yo the end, but just fall short
- Cowboys - potentially a finals side, but hard to pick them
- Dragons - will improve, but not enough
- Bulldogs - will take a step in the right direction, but still a couple of key players short of being competitive
- Knights - can’t see much to get excited about, will be tough to beat at home, but fodder on the road
- Tigers - despite trial form, I don’t see much happening here
- Broncos - need everyone to perform if they want to be competitive again
Dally M: Jarome Luai
Top try scorer: Charlie Staines
Top point scorer: Nathan Cleary
First coach sacked: John Morris