R12 Sea Eagles v Panthers - Game Day Thread

Yes I think that is very likely based on the injury news update. Straight swap of Api for Mitch & Dane for Billy I suggest.

1 Like

this game ain’t no cakewalk, we need to be alert and at our best in both defence and attack. We jump to an early lead don’t apply the brakes go up a gear and show them we deserve to be a table topper!

1 Like

Agree, Puss. This will be a real tough game, especially at Lottoland.

We’ve won 6 on the trot, but we haven’t been especially convincing the last couple of weeks, IMHO. If we don’t step up a gear, we could be due for a loss. Manly have shown a lot of grit this year and will NOT lie down. They’re a very gutsy, never-say-die team.

This game will be a real test of our character.

That said, you can’t deny our never say die character either, well if you leave out the Dragons, Knights and Eels games. But then again although we got run down (or nearly did), we never threw in the towel.

A big change in Attitude this year

That’s very true, SHF. I should probably have a little more faith that this year we’re a different outfit from the last few seasons.

Hope Naden has a big game tonight. There have been a couple of articles this week about how much the Indiginous Round means to him.

Koroisau & Tetavano in for Kenny & Burns, as SHF predicted - and that, apart from Edwards (& Whare), we’re close to full strength.

all you can do is stand and applaud.
an almost perfect first half with execution ,discipline and attack options on both sides
I hope young Staines is OK
To be a premiership contender, its now for the boys to show us how to go on with such a brilliant effort.

encouraging 1st half, but it ain’t over till the fat lady sings.
(apologies to Anastacia).

Still got a few rocks Kevin !

1 Like

Almost the perfect half of football.

We are scoring left right and centre.

Hope we keep it up

nice way to head into the Raiders game next week

well done boys, a great effort, bashed them up and split them open with class on both sides
a lot to like about that effort from all on the field and includes the entire bench
enjoy the great win and prepare for Raiders

that’s a good team effort tonight. I think we can still improve.
Score line makes it difficult to name a m.o.m so I’m simply
gonna nominate t.o.m Penrith. Well bloody done boys.

Well, I was wrong - by a very, very long way! And it feels very, very good!

I’ll keep my fat, stupid mouth shut from now on. Great win!

you’re fine Bryan, remember I’m the resident idiot around these parts.

The site is obviously missing my presence!

This game made me think back to the Manly game in 2010 when the Panthers completely dominated.

I was expecting this game to be an arm wrestle, but we went out & played a near perfect game, starving Manly of any opportunity.

Whilst as a team we all rose to the challenge last night there were a couple of lesser names who stood out IMO
I think Aekins had his best game at FB and Lenui showed his has a bright future with us.
Lenui off the bench was very aggressive in al he did but he had Leota and Tetevano who also gave plenty
The person who has developed most and even has changed his game is Luai, last night his defence was superb, he again was a foil for Cleary when taking kicks in general play on the left side which just gives us fabulous options. His game has gone to another level and although his erratic play was on show late when he fooled the Manly defence with his ad hoc run only to find a man running onto the ball in Api…i have to commend the coaching team and Luai himself for being able to change his style.
However huge credit has to go to the forwards who are bending teams backs in offence and hurting in defence. Finally we have a pack who hunt as a pack and really hurt other teams .

On last nights team, how could you consider Burns save for an injury to a forward who played last night?
That forward pack including reserves is as good as any in the comp and lay the platform for Cleary/Luai to have time and weave their magic.
I cannot even see how Whare can get into our run on team considering the form of Naden
Add in Edwards at FB to the team who ran out last night and we have a squad capable of winning this comp.

1 Like

Wow, that was pretty damn good! Too big, too strong and just too skillful for the silvertails. Don’t you just love it.

Again, not a bad player & all 17 stood up again. I agree with steamy, the only player to come in to give us our ’ best’ lineup would be Edwards &, in that, Aekins would be unlucky to be left out.
Agree with puss, in such a comprehensive display, hard to nominate MoM, or even just 3 for voting for.
Note: Steve must be still celebrating - no MoM poll up yet :slight_smile:

Big game next week again - see you all there or on your lounges to cheers the boys on.

:mega: Panther Pride Man of the Match voting is now open here

Let’s just say ‘somebody’ may have snared some corporate box seats at Lottoland. :wink:

3 Likes
DISCLAIMER
The opinions expressed on Panther Pride are not necessarilly those of the sites owners.
Panther Pirde or Recycled Pixel accept no responsibility for articles presented, their ownership or implications of ownership.
Panther Pride accepts no responsibility for inadvertant copyright breaches. This website does not have any affiliation with the National Rugby League (NRL). or the Penrith Panthers Rugby League Football Club, nor business connection and has not been endorsed by the National Rugby League or Penrith Panthers.
ROLL CALL
Facebook
Penrith Panthers Official
Panthers Weekly
Panther Pride
Panthers Worldwide Supporters Group
Vintage Penrith Panthers
The Mighty Panthers
Twitter
Penrith Panthers Official (@penrithpanthers)
Panther Pride Official (@pantherpride_au)
Panthers Weekly (@panthersweekly)
League Freak (@leaguefreak)
Websites
Mighty Panthers
League Freak
Rugby League Project
League Unlimited
Zero Tackle
The Roar
Sporting News
Real Sport
A website.