Panthers Contract Thread

Maybe…

It’s official. Panthers announce Nathan Cleary has signed to a 5 year deal ending 2024.

… tell 'em the price son ! :thinking:

anything left ?

Ivan Cleary didnt win us a comp before he was sacked…hasnt exactly set the world on fire at the tigers…can really understand why everyone seems so keen to have him back. Is he part of a package and the only way we could keep Nathan at the club. If so its not good business.

Champ, I’m a little suspicious. Press are normally all over signings.
How much, over how long, his girlfriends favourite tv show etc etc.

So, how much? Not a snippet !

A few post season departures after expiring contracts.

Corey Waddell >>> Manly Warringah Sea Eagles
Soni Luke >>> Wests Tigers

Sad to see Waddell go

Chad O’Donnell >>> Released
Jayden Walker >>> Released

Moses Leota >>> Contract Ends 2022 (Re-signed)

1 Like

List is also updated to reflect the 2019 Season. As you can see there are quite a few names off contract this coming season.

Steve, thanks mate for keeping the listing updated - much appreciated.

1 Like

Penrith Panthers have confirmed that Waqa Blake has signed on for another 5 seasons.

Waqa Blake >>> Contract Ends 2023 (Re-signed)

happy with this provided he gets a haircut !!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Great news. Waqa has come a long way from his ‘Edward-scissorhands’ days just a few short seasons ago.

He has potential this boy, and will soon be one of the star centres in the NRL. He will have a great 2019!

Ivan Cleary (Coach) >>> Contract Ends 2023 (New Contract)

Adam Keighran >>> New Zealand Warriors

*See end of article.

Haven’t seen an official announcement from the club but today’s Top 30 squad announcement confirms that we have signed Tyrell Fuimaono from Souths.

From what I have rad their is no indication of contract length, so it may only be for this season. For this reason for now I have put in the the list as expiring this coming season.

I have also marked the 2019 Top 30 players with a star indicating their status.

Also you may only noticed 29 players have been announced. The blank spot I believe is for Sam McKendry who is weighing up if the will continue his career or call it a day.

… if Sam retires who is next in line for ‘longest’ serving player mantle ?

Continious Service at Panthers

Year Started Player
2012 Josh Mansour
2013 Sam McKendry
2014 Isaah Yeo
2014 Dallin Watene-Zelezniak

Sam McKendry started in 2008. I’m not 100% over how the NRL long serving player discount works, but I don’t think any of the players mentioned above are eligible yet (I think it’s 10 years service in FG).

I’ll look into it.