Panthers Contract Thread

You’re right, Puss. Maloney is under contract until the end of next year. All the speculation in the media about him leaving are based on his - often stated - desire to finish his career in the English Supr League and that, if the right offer came along, he’d be open to leaving early. The Club has made noises in recent weeks about possibly agreeing to his early departure, as it would free up a lot of cash - reportedly around $800k per year - to retain other talent.

However, he’s playing so well & has such an influence on the team that the club may not want to let him go early - that’s assuming he gets an attractive offer.

So, in a nutshell, he’s under contract to Penrith til the end of next year, unless he & the club mutually agree to let him go early.

2 Likes

I hope he’s here next year else we will return to Dave’s mate’s game plans. We all saw how effective they were earlier this year.

James Maloney >> Catalans Dragons (2020)

… Well what a surprise !

Apisai Koroisau >>> Contract Ends 2023 (New Contract)

Another sex scandal looming…with the addition of another hooker to the club.

Reagan Campbell-Gillard >>> Parramatta Eels

Sorry to see him go.

I agree with Steve, his best years are ahead of him. He’ll get a shot of renewed confidence at a new club & new coach. He’ll put the hangover from 2 broken jaws behind him.

RCG could easily be the buy of 2020. Their gain, our loss, IMHO.

I bet Kevin’s spewing. Jennings, Sivo & now RCG all at the Eels.

Anyone know if we’re subsidising his contract next year?

I really hope the club are considering Jai Arrow. I think he would go gangbusters at Penrith.

1 Like

Sione Katoa >>> Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs

Frank Winterstein >>> Released
Hame Sele >>> Released
Tyrell Fuimaono >>> Released
Nick Lui-Toso >>> Released
Pea Pua >>> Released
Sam McKendry >>> Retired
Tim Grant >>> Retired

according to Daily Telegraph 18/9, YES

Good luck to Sam McKendry in his retirement.
Never one to shirk his duties ran straight and hard
till the end. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

+1, Puss. Best wishes & thanks to Sam McKendry for his yeats of service to the Panthers.

1 Like

Anyone have any news on Jack Hetherington…Rookie of the year in 2018 and from memory only played limited minutes in the first couple of games of first grade in 2019. Has been injured? Is he still contracted to the club? I thought he showed aggression and enthusiasm in 2018 and had the makings of a decent first grade player.

To my knowledge Jack Hetherington has signed with the Canberra Raiders for 2020 and beyond.

Think it was mentioned by Paul Kent in the Daily Telegraph. Not 100% sure on it’s accuracy though as I was not mentioned by either club. But since he is a lower tier player, it isn’t always mentioned.

Thanks Steve for the update on Jack…Good luck to him but its a bit disappointing we are losing our Rookie of the year 2018 to another club…lets hope we can keep our 2019 Rookie a bit longer!

1 Like

Considering the season we have had, maybe a bit of a shakeup is what the doctor ordered. Ivan will get the side he wanted in 2020. There won’t be anything to blame, all the cards will be on the table.

I’m hoping he comes up with the goods.

Without Maloney and Hetherington our penalty count should be much lower next season.

1 Like

I am normally reluctant to spread rumours, but it is clear that something bad must have happened, and that just about every rumour heard surrounding our club has turned out to be true in recent years. The ’ word’ is that Jack punched someone at a party at which players were present, which put him in the ’ doghouse’ with the club, and split the playing group. No-one at our club was able to manage this, the result was what we saw happen with selections & departures. The problems attributed to ‘sex-gate’ were at least equally as a result of the blue at the party.